Wednesday, July 29, 2015

More Fun Summer Reading

We are continuing fun summer reads today with a new romance from author Angela Hayes, Love's Battle. It's always great to hear from the author, who says she splits her time between bringing characters to life by computer and yarn to life with needle and hook. She answered some questions for us about her writing career.  Did you always want to be a writer?

I toyed with the idea when I was little, I would write poems, short stories, etc. but it wasn’t until I was older, a mother of young kids, that I dreamed up the idea for Love’s Battle and while writing it, really considered becoming a writer. Once I did, the idea of it stuck and I decided that I wanted to make writing my career.

How did you get started in publishing?
Love’s Battle is my first official published book. I did start a blog back years ago when I went through a battle with cancer. It was eye opening, very cathartic, a way to help others in my situation, and a way to remember (like keeping a journal).

Congratulations! We'd love to know where you got the idea for it.

The idea for Love’s Battle came when, like a singles, you wonder, why can’t I just know who I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with? That got me thinking. If I could really know who I’m supposed to with, would I still want to be with that person? And it evolved from there.

What do you like best about your heroine and hero?
I love that they’re unique, confident, and willing to take chances. I mean, what bigger chance could you take than to bare your soul to someone and hope they don’t throw it back in your face.
What are you working on now?

I’m finishing edits on a short story for The Wild Rose Press’ Candy Heart series. It’s about a cupid who falls in love with a fairy. I’m very excited about it.

We'll look forward to that.  How about a blurb for Love's Battle?

Love Howard has more than a knack for matchmaking. Born from a forbidden passion and a twelve-hundred-year-old promise, she and her sisters can literally see true love. And while Love has no problem bringing other couples together, her own romantic life could use a little help.

Danton DeAngelo has always been well grounded in reality. So it throws him for no small loop when the woman he’s fallen for believes that she’s been reincarnated eleven times and can actually see true love.

Now Danton is faced with the biggest decision of his life. Accept Love for who she really is, or walk away from her forever.
 
If love isn't worth fighting for, what is?
 
That sounds like a perfect book for summer reading. Here are the links to get your copy of Love's Battle: 
 
Thanks, Angela, for being my guest. Here is how to get in touch with her. Any questions or comments for Angela?
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A World Traveler's Debut

The best thing about publishing a weekly authors' blog is getting to meet so many different, talented writers and to learn about them an...