Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Charmed by a Rocky Mountain Love Story

We're always looking for new authors to enjoy, and it's always great to find one from my home state. Tena Stetler and her husband make Colorado their home, and she says the household includes a brilliant Chow Chow, a spoiled parrot and a 40+ year old box turtle. Using the majestic Rocky Mountains for a backdrop, she writes paranormal romance. She says she finds stories in the strangest places--like on a camping trip, or kayaking, or hiking in the mountains. A song and the hair salon combined to create A Demon’s Witch, her debut novel release in September.

Tell us about your newest project.

Charm Me, part of A Candy Hearts Series from The Wild Rose Press, will be released January 6, 2016, just in time for Valentine’s Day. I am so excited.  I hope people enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it.    
Where did you get the idea for it and what made you want to write it?

 Charm Me was a strange combination of occurrences.  I’d just finished a gun class at a really nice gun club to get my concealed carry permit.  And my husband and I were taking our dog to Agility classes where one of the other dog owner was a yoga instructor who owned her own studio.  On the drive home one evening, I combined the two situations and started to bounce idea’s off my husband. He is the best brainstormer. Is that even a word? Anyway, Charm Me was the end result.   
How did you come up with your characters for this book?

Most of my characters pop into my mind fully formed telling me their names and their stories.  I guess at that point its my job to sort it all out, tell the story.  Sounds weird I know, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.  LOL
What do you like best about your current hero?

He’s strong, driven and kinda set in his ways, but grows to understand the necessity of compromise to make a relationship work.  He’s a retired Navy SEAL and that defines him.
What about your heroine?

She’s a brave, strong woman who’s moved to Colorado Springs to take a yoga instructor position, a fresh start for her and her canine companion, Piper.  Summer is an elemental witch that has very bad experiences in her past.   Yet, when Devlin storms into her life, things will never be the same. 
How about a blurb?

Summer Dawn Riley’s an extraordinary elemental witch whose troubled past haunts her. She’s created a calm life for herself teaching yoga and keeping people at a distance. Her life takes a one eighty degree turn when she enrolls in a women’s weapons class and meets ruggedly handsome Devlin Sawyer. Devlin, a former Navy Seal, has sworn off women after two long-term failed relationships, but there is no denying his attraction to Summer. She intrigues him like no other woman ever has. Despite her attempts to ignore him, Summer is drawn to Devlin. His magic signature is strong, but he’s no warlock. Will Valentine’s Day magic find them a future together?

Charm Me is available for preorder now at Amazon http://amzn.com/B018L2U904
and
The Wild Rose Press http://www.wildrosepublishing.com/maincatalog_v151/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195&products_id=6579

What are you working on now?
I am waiting on edits for A Witch’s Journey (A Lobster Cove series), The Wild Rose Press just contracted in November. It’s about the magic, love and dedication of a witch – wildlife rehabilitator who meets a former Navy SEAL ready, willing and able to make her dreams come true. Their journey begins with building a wildlife rescue and rehab center, her life long dream, then falling in love despite the dark secrets neither are willing to share, until….

My National Novel Writing Month project (I did make my 50,000 word goal) was a 2016 Christmas story revolving around the characters in A Witch’s Journey.  Once I finished A Witch’s Journey, I discovered the characters still had a lot more to tell, so A Wedding For The Holidays was born.
How can readers reach you or find you online?

https://www.facebook.com/TenaStetlerAuthor
https://www.pinterest.com/tenastetler/
https://twitter.com/TenaStetler

Thanks, Tena, for being my guest.  Any comments or questions for Tena?

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me over today. I appreciate the chance to talk about my newest novel, Charm Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet story! Charm Me will also be appearing at Tale Spinner on Dec. 4 along with a taste of A Demon's Witch. Drop by http://msspencertalespinner.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to visit Tale Spinner on Friday. See you soon!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, this sounds like a fun story. I love romances with a hint of magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. I had a blast.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this sounds like a fun story. I love romances with a hint of magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, Tena and Rebecca. Tena, congrats on your NaNo accomplishment. Your books sound wonderful, and I've added them to my list. I can't wait to have a few quiet moments of the holidays just to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Let me know how you find the few quiet moments. I need some too. LOL

      Delete
  6. Great excerot, Tena. I need to go look up what an elemental witch is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a witch that can control the elements water, air, fire earth, in Summer's case she can control all in addition to other talents.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your new book, Tena. Actually I'm not sure what an elemental witch is either, but the whole concept as well as your characters and plot sound intriguing. Definitely something to add to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you'll have to read my book to find out. Only kidding. I answered the Angelina's question above.In my worlds Its a witch that can control the elements water, air, fire earth, in Summer's case she can control all in addition to other talents.

      Delete
  8. I love the different occupations of the two main characters in "Charm Me." Great blurb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by.! I thought the characters mixed well. Opposites attract. Lol

      Delete

Fighting the Mid-Story Blahs

It happens to all fictional writers. Sooner or later we hit the wall with our current story and we suffer through that old, well-known, fear...