Monday, January 18, 2021

A Romantic Return

 It's always great to check back in with authors we enjoy and that is what we are doing with today's featured writer.  My guest today in My Writing Corner is author Amber Dalton. We're also making another stop at one of my favorite places -- Deerbourne Inn. 

Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press, Books to Go Now, and Daulton Publishing, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats.

She lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats. 

Her newest book is Harmony's Embrace.

Divorced dad Birley Haynes is too busy raising his children and running his family’s music academy to start a relationship. Then Harmony Holdich, his high school sweetheart, returns home to Willow Springs, Vermont for Christmas and falls into his bed. She brings light and fun back into his life, but he can’t brush aside the threatening incidents around his workplace.

Harmony hadn’t expected a complication like Birley, especially so soon after the death of her unfaithful husband. With her life a mess, she plans to move across the country and start over. All she can offer him is a fling, but her heart yearns for more.

When the threats rise, how will Birley keep his children safe and convince Harmony to give love another chance?

Let's hear directly from both of these engaging characters and learn more about their romance.We'll start with Birley and what drives him to Harmony and what is holding him back.

What do you find special about Harmony?

Her strength. She’s been through a lot over the past few years, but she’s still the same stubborn, kind, fun-loving person I remember from back when we were kids. We’ve both grown up a lot since our teenage romance abruptly ended but being with her feels right.

What about her frightens (or disturbs) you?

I’m so worried she’ll wise up and move on from me. I come with baggage, and she’s worth more than I can ever give her. But I’ll do everything in my power to make her happy and keep her around. She’s the love of my life. Yeah, that sounds sappy as hell, but that’s the way things are.

 Now let's dig deeper into Harmony's tfeekubgs and see if we can learn what is giving her second thoughts.

What draws you to Birley?

 His stubbornness and the desperate yearning for freedom that he tries to hide from me. Even though I admire his one-track mind, he needs to relax and enjoy life. As a single dad and the manager of his family business. I understand he’s busy, but I’m determined to find my special place in his life. I can’t help but shake things up a bit.

 What do you fear when it comes to him?

 That he’ll succumb to stress. I don’t want him to push me away. I love him and his kids, but his job and his ex-wife are big problems.

Want more?  Let's get an excerpt:

            Dear God. His heart slammed harder. He’d died and gone to Heaven.

Harmony stretched her arms above her head and danced in the middle of the living room. Her hips pulsated with the beat of the music. Twisty locks of her hair bounced around her shoulders. She winked, then glided her hands across her breasts and stomach, daring his gaze to follow.

Birley licked his lips. The organ pressing against his zipper throbbed. Sweat slicked his nape. He dropped his scarf beside her purse, jacket, and beanie on the coffee table.

“Dance with me?”

Her husky entreaty ricocheted through him like a ping-pong ball. How could he deny her? He gripped her waist. She slid her arms around him. They swayed, their bodies a scant inch apart. She nuzzled his neck, her breath fanning his skin. His hair prickled. The air crackled around them. He shuddered and held her tighter.

“I’ve missed this.”

His chest heaved. He struggled to fill his lungs with air. “Dancing?”

“Dancing with you.” Harmony stroked his clean-shaven jaw. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out with you and Susannah, but I wouldn’t trade this moment for anything.”

Oh, God. He kissed her and swept his tongue past her parting lips. Delicious. The taste of chocolate and wine clung to her breath. He nibbled and licked the smooth slope of her neck.

“Birley, yes.” She ducked her head and claimed his mouth with hers. Then she feathered kisses across his face. “I need your hands, your mouth, your scent all over me. Take me, Birley. Hard, soft, I don’t care.”

If you want more (like I do), you'll have to get the book.  Here's how:

 Purchase Links

Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/Harmonys-Embrace-Deerbourne-Amber-Daulton-ebook/dp/B08L73TB9C/

Barnes and Noble – https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/harmonys-embrace-amber-daulton/1137951572

Apple/iBooks – https://books.apple.com/us/book/harmonys-embrace/id1539081673

Kobo –  https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/harmony-s-embrace

Google Play – https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=1M8HEAAAQBAJ

Universal link – https://books2read.com/u/bPX6kR

Add to Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55691564-harmony-s-embrace

Check it out on BookBub – https://www.bookbub.com/books/harmony-s-embrace-deerbourne-inn-by-amber-daulton

And here is how you can get in touch with Amber. 
Thank you, Amber, for being my guest against and taking us back for another visit to our favorite inn.
Any comments or questions for Amber?

1 comment:

Fighting the Mid-Story Blahs

It happens to all fictional writers. Sooner or later we hit the wall with our current story and we suffer through that old, well-known, fear...