Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Romantic Trip Into the Past

The idea of finding romance in another time period has always appealed to me. There's something about a current man or woman finding love with a person from a totally different age that just seems to shine with promise. And that is what we have today in My Writing Corner.  

Author Michelle C. Reilly joins us to introduce her newest book, Savage Winds, the first book in her Savage Times series.

Michelle is a science fiction romance writer who spent ten years in the U. S. Navy and is the single mother of two boys. She currently lives in Las Vegas. She says she is generally an I.T. geek as well as being a geek of other things as well.  She puts her science fiction roots into her newest series with a time travel twist that totally caught my interest. 

Let's hear more about Savage Winds:



Ana Salvatore, a marine biologist, wants nothing more than to have an independent life free of her mobster family. While on an excursion in the Bermuda Triangle with her uncle, his boat explodes, and she wakes to find herself in the arms of gorgeous Captain Jacen Stirling on an ancient ship. It's like a fairytale, until he tells her the year is 1814.


Jacen is on a secret mission for General Andrew Jackson to infiltrate the infamous privateer Jean Lafitte’s encampment to determine his loyalties. When he discovers Ana while on his way to meet Lafitte, he can’t decide if she’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to him, or the best.

As the Battle of New Orleans draws nearer, can Jacen and Ana work together to help their country beat the invaders? Or will the British, the war, or the savage winds of time keep them apart?


These two characters also grabbed my interest and I asked Michelle to let me do a quick character interview. I needed to find out more about them and their budding romance:


Ana, can you tell us a little about your life as a Marine Biologist.  What made you choose that career?

I’ve always found marine life interesting. As a girl, I spent a lot of time on the ocean with my uncle. I’d dive into books on everything that lived within those depths. Later, I ended up in Santa Barbara, California, with my grandparents, and I was only a few blocks from the beach. I’d walk there every day. It brought me such solitude. It was only natural I attend UCSB and get my degree as a marine biologist. When my grandparents were tragically killed by a mudslide, it kind of threw me for a loop. But they were so proud of my schooling, so I continued until I eventually completed my Ph. D. I hope to one day begin my own program for marine life awareness.

What are you working on right now?

Jacen and I are planning on beginning a new graphic novel series centered around marine life. It’s still a bit of a secret. Of course, since his stories revolve around pirates, we thought this could be a good segue into bringing light to the danger many of the marine life face each and every day.

What frightens you most about your current situation?

I’m very afraid for my and Jacen’s child, and the rest of today’s children. Times are very unsteady. It’s imperative something is done to help ensure our children have a safe future, both with the current violence and with the issues affecting our planet.

What are your feelings about Captain Jacen Stirling? 


He is my world. I could never imagine ever loving someone as I do him. It’s incomprehensible. If someone had told me of a love like this prior to meeting him, I would’ve thought it impossible. I can never imagine living life without him.

Thank you, Ana, for telling us about Jacen and your hopes and fears for the future. 

Want to read more?  Here are the buy links:

 https://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/5697-savage-winds.html

https://www.amazon.com/Michelle-C-Reilly/e/B00LE6ULAI/

And if you would like to get more information on Michelle, here is her contact information:



@MichelleCReilly

Thank you Michelle, for being my guest and introducing us to Ana and Jaycen. Any comments or questions for Michelle?


1 comment:

Fighting the Mid-Story Blahs

It happens to all fictional writers. Sooner or later we hit the wall with our current story and we suffer through that old, well-known, fear...