Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A Journey into a Romantic Past


When writers mix the past and present, that always gets my attention, especially when romance is thrown into the mix. That's the premise behind a new Wild Rose Press release, Heart Healer by author Leslie Bowes and she is my guest today. Leslie is a native of Maryland, but later moved to South Carolina and fell in love with the low country. That's where she got the inspiration for her new book. 


Please tell us, Leslie, did you always want to be a writer?

No. Writing was just something I did for fun. I started going to school for movie editing but I had to take a writing class and I love it and started writing my first novel.

How did you get started in your road to publication?

I stared out trying self-publishing but Heart Healer was not getting as much notice as I would like. So, I stared looking for a publisher.  I found Wild Rose Press and have loved working with them.

Tell us about your new book and where got the idea for it.

Heart Healer started out as a historical romance called Rose Hill but it did not get published. So I stared on a contemporary romance called A Second Change At Love.  When I was in middle of writing, I noticed something was miss. So, I pulled out Rose Hill again and put parts of Rose Hill and A Second Chance at Love together and it became Heart Healer.

How did you come up with your characters for the book?

I want to write characters that were going through a hard time, but did not let hard times get them down.

What do you like best about your current hero?

Christopher isn’t your run of the mill hero.  He is all the things we have learned to love in a man. You will find no alpha here just a sweet loving, caring man who puts his family first. He was a true father and mother to his son who he loved dearly.

What about your heroine?

Catherine is a wonderful, sweet lady who gives so much of herself. Life has not treated her well since her mother’s death and her father leaving her to raise her brother.

How do you normally come up with characters?

I make a character chart and put stories I would like them to have.

How about a blurb?

Catherine Andrews is an English woman living in the 1800's. Her father sells her to Blake Von-Clyer to be his wife to pay off debts owed to Mr. Von-Clyer. Catherine soon finds out Blake is a cruel and horrible man.

On their wedding night, to escape his cruelty, she throws herself into the river. Death is better than marriage to a beast.

Christopher King is living in 2014 doing his best to raise his young son Ryan after his wife left him. One night, Christopher finds a woman in the river unconscious and barely breathing. She is also wearing old fashioned clothes. Christopher does everything in his power to help the young women. When Catherine regains consciousness, she finds herself in a strange and unbelievable situation. Terrified, she does her best to keep her guard up against Christopher, but as she gets to know him, she can't help but fall for the man who saved her life. When Catherine's dangerous past comes back to haunt her, it has Catherine and Christopher fighting for each other and their love.

What are you working on now?

I am working on book 2 in the Heart Healer series called The Choices for Love.

How can readers reach you or find you online?

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Heart-Healer-702127559856732/

Buy Links:



Thank you, Leslie,  for being my guest today. Any questions or comments for Leslie? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fighting the Mid-Story Blahs

It happens to all fictional writers. Sooner or later we hit the wall with our current story and we suffer through that old, well-known, fear...