Tuesday, May 2, 2023

A Jump into Romance

Spring is the time to not only jump into new projects, to me it has always meant finding new authors with great new books to "jump" into during the hot days of summer. My guest today in My Writing Corner, sounds like she has written a great candidate for reading any time. Terry Segan is my guest today, and she brings us her new book that is part of her Jelly Beans and Spring Things Series.

Terry is originally from Commack, NY,  but she now resides in the desert where she says she’ll never require an ice scraper or snow shovel again. The beach is her happy place, but she says any opportunity to travel soothes her gypsy soul. She conjures up her stories while riding backseat on her husband’s motorcycle and that influence can be found throughout the pages of her paranormal mysteries. She says she grew up immersed in sarcastic humor and science fiction movies, Terry says her goals are to make her readers laugh out loud, cry with joy, or cower under the covers wondering if the noise under the bed is real or imagined.

Her newest book is The Jelly Bean Jump Project. Let's get a blurb:


Keira longed to do something amazing with her life. When offered a chance to join a time travel program, she didn’t hesitate. With her soulmate by her side, nothing could be more perfect.

Grayson never believed happiness would find him until he met Keira. Lightning struck twice when both got accepted into The Jelly Bean Jump Project, a time travel experiment. Only a handful of applicants made the cut each year.

One of the requirements—no family ties. Keira and Grayson were alone in the world except for each other. An adventure of a lifetime awaited, until a glitch in the system threatened to tear them apart. Would they walk away from their fantasy or surrender their hearts in exchange?

Fate drew them together. Will their dream of time travel keep them apart?

Let's talk to the characters, starting with Keira:


Why were you eager to join the time travel program?


Gosh, who wouldn’t want to jump through time? This is the most exciting project ever, so of

course, I wanted to be part of it. The only thing holding me to 1954 is my dream boat,

Grayson. Isn’t it romantic that he got accepted into the program too? We can leap through

time hand in hand.


What draws you to Grayson?


Well, if you met him, you’d know immediately. He’s got these dark eyes that focus on me like

I’m the only one in the world. With his slicked-back hair, you’d think he was a rebel ready to

pick a fight, but he’s got a gentle way about him. His touch is filled with kindness and warmth.

And did I mention he’s a genius? We both majored in astrophysics, so I guess you could say we

speak the same language.


What worries you about him?


Sometimes I feel he’s too overprotective, like someone might steal me away. And lately he

thinks that someone is Desmond. Golly, Desmond can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but I love

Grayson with all my heart. I don’t see how he can worry about me falling for a smug guy like

that.


What do you see for your own personal future?


Time travel, of course! I can’t wait to see what the next decade will be like. Also, well, I

guess it’s not a secret. I long for the day I can be Mrs. Grayson Ballard. Wouldn’t that be

swell?


Now let's hear from Grayson:

What held you back from having a personal relationship in the past?


Nothing, except for the fact I never met the right girl. Sure, I’ve dated, but I just couldn’t

connect with anyone until I met my angel, Keira. No endless drivel about dresses and shoes

ever came out of her sweet mouth. My girl is a brilliant astrophysicist, and I’d shout it from

the rooftops if given the chance.


What draws you to Keira?


Smart, beautiful, and the sweetest soul you could ever meet. That’s my Keira. From the first

day I met her, strands of blonde hair framing her perfect face, I knew she’d be mine forever. It

didn’t hurt she studied the same course I did, which gave us even more in common. Don’t spoil

the surprise, but I hope to propose soon.


What frightens you most about becoming involved with her?


The thought of losing her. She’s so sweet and trusting, I’m afraid one day she may place her

confidence in the wrong person. If anyone were to ever hurt her, I’d never forgive myself for not

being there to save her.


What frightens you most about the future?


Nothing. I’ve got the love of my life by my side, and we’re about to start the biggest

adventure anyone’s ever dreamed of—together. The Jelly Bean Jump Project will be huge in

time travel advancement. I can’t wait for our first leap.


And now, let's get an excerpt:

After picking up my tray, I searched for my boyfriend. He hadn’t arrived yet, so I took a seat next to my roommate, Sandra. I set my book on the chair to my right. 


“Sometimes I feel like we’re in prison wearing these dang uniforms,” Sandra said.


“I must admit, I do miss my skirts and capris, and it’s only been a week! At least we don’t have to wear those nerdy boots like the security staff.” I sprinkled sugar over my cereal and mixed it in.


“Someone’s got a sweet tooth.” The chair beside me scraped back.


“Desmond, I’m saving that for Grayson.”


He tossed my book onto the table before placing his own tray down and sitting. “You two aren’t joined at the hip, you know. He can sit across from you.” His shoulder rubbed against mine. “Besides, why should he get all the attention from the best-looking doll here.”


I scooted closer to Sandra. “Do you mind? I’m eating.” While Desmond’s looks rivaled the most dashing actors in Hollywood, his arrogance raked through me like fingernails on a chalkboard. His relentless flirting repulsed me, especially because Grayson and I were obviously a couple.


“Good morning, ladies. Ready for another day of Time Travel 101?” Grayson plunked down across from me.


“I could do that stuff in my sleep. Why do we have to get stuck with an instructor who is such a snooze?” Desmond shoveled eggs into his mouth. “Sorry to take your seat, Gray. Keira insisted.” He nudged me with his elbow.


Before I could protest, Grayson jumped in. “Don’t worry about it, Des. From here I get to stare into those amazing blue eyes.” He kept his sight locked on my face.


A warm blush filled my cheeks. I looked down, batted my eyelashes, and giggled like a schoolgirl. “Why thank you, sir.”


“I don’t know whether to feel ill or jealous at the way you two fawn over each other,” Sandra said. Her comment had been directed at Grayson and me, but her gaze focused on Desmond.


Want more? You'll have to buy the book! Here are the buy links as well as how to get in touch with Terry:


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Project-Beans-Spring-Things-ebook/dp/B0BVRW4H3Q

B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-jelly-bean-jump-project-terry-segan/1143069048

GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/122817930-the-jelly-bean-jump-project 

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-jelly-bean-jump-project-jelly-beans-and-spring-things-by-terry-segan 


Social contacts:


Website: https://terrysegan.com/

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AuthorTerrySegan

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/terrysegan

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeganTerry

Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Terry-Segan/e/B087YQGXMD

Thank you, Terry, for being my guest today. Any questions or comments for Terry? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for allowing my characters and I to visit today, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious Doings

As a longtime book lover, I have always enjoyed reading mystery novels, and that has not changed since I was in grammar school. Even now, my...