Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer Reading with Misty Simon

Summer has always meant reading to me. From the moment I was old enough to walk to my hometown library my sister and I went at least once a week to pick up several books. I devoured romance, suspense, historical romance, spy thrillers, westerns--you name it, I checked it out. In later years summer meant a Saturday trip to the bookstore and then sitting outside in the evening with a new book after a busy day in the newsroom. Even now I still find myself reading more during the summer months. 

Yes, summer seems like the perfect time to sit down with a good book, whether you're relaxing on vacation, sitting by the pool or beach or by a mountain stream. For the next three months My Writing Corner is dedicated to summer reading and all the good books out there, whether they feature romance, romantic suspense, historical romance,  fantasy or paranormal. to take you away from the world.

Today we're featuring the work of romance and mystery author, Misty Simon, and her newest book, Go Ahead, Make My Bouquet. It was released last week and is book number three in her Kissinger Kisses series, and it sounds like Misty has given us another fun romance with characters we care about and a story that will draw us in with its premise.

Dexter Zegray is up to his eyeballs in diapers and formula. That’s what happens when a baby that isn’t even his gets dropped off on his doorstep and his teenage brother – the father – decides to run off to “figure stuff out.” Dex wishes he could run away, too, but that’s not an option.

Zoe Bradley has for months successfully avoided getting caught in the Casanova trap that is Dex Zegray. But when he comes into Decadence with baby in tow, asking for help, she can’t resist the little girl or the man who might just be more than the philanderer name tag she’s assigned him.

Dex needs a nanny, and Zoe’s the only one with the time to do it. But will forced togetherness open Zoe’s eyes to his true charms? And why does it have to be precisely when he’s unavailable?


Here's an excerpt:

He ran a hand over his hair, not knowing where to start but knowing he had to say something to diffuse the tension thickening the air. “Look, I know I handled the other day badly.”
She gave a little snort that could have been in disgust or a short burst of laughter. He had no idea which but had to power on, regardless.

“You do things to me, I admit it. If it were any other time, or a different set of circumstances, you know I would be on you faster than you could take your next breath.”
There was a hitch in that next breath, a sign he was not doing this right, or he was doing it right, but not for the result he knew he should want—for her to go back to professional and friendly, instead of tempting him to break his own rules.

“I really need you to be here for Phoebe. I can’t change how I feel about the best course of action with her. I have to give her my attention and my time. If you and I started anything, I wouldn’t be doing that. I’d be jeopardizing the best thing that’s come into her life recently.”
“Sure.” She crossed her arms over that chest he’d dreamed of. She had his own breath hitching, though more quietly.

“Look at how awkward we’re being, and all we did is kiss. Can you imagine if we slept together and then you decided you didn’t want us anymore? It’s not just my own needs I have to think about.”
“Why do you keep insisting that I’m going to be that fickle?”

Want to read more? Here is where you can buy Go Ahead, Make My Bouquet.
Buy Links:

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/go-ahead-make-my-bouquet-misty-simon/1121907004?ean=2940151531214&cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-Vj3kxGRfbmI-_-10:1&r=1

And here is how to reach Misty online:
Twitter: @MistySimon
Good luck with the new book. Any questions or comments for Misty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoying the Writing Ride

As a longtime reader of romance and mystery/suspense books, I  have always enjoyed reading books in a series--stories with familiar characte...