Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Meet A Couple of Charmers

Today we're doing something a little different here in My Writing Corner.  My guest is Tena Stetler. She lives in Colorado and says she loves hiking and biking in the Rocky Mountains, which are right outside her door.  But she also loves reading and writing.  She says when she was young, if she didn't like the way a book ended, she'd re-write it to suit herself. Now she is focusing on paranormal heroes and heroines as she writes her romances and cozy mystery novels. 

 Instead of talking to Tena,  we're going to talk to two of the characters from newest book, Charm Me, a Candy Hearts romance that was recently released from The Wild Rose Press.  Let's start with Summer Dawn Reilly.  Who is Summer? A yoga instructor who also happens to be a witch with a terrible secret that colors her every decision and action.

Tell us, Summer, who were the role models in your life?  My parents.
What kind of man do you want to spend the rest of your life with?  A man with integrity and respect for himself and others. One that knows what he wants and goes after it.
What kind of man would you never choose?  A deceitful person, a clingy type of personality.
What is most important in your life?  My dog, Piper. And until recently, I'd said peace, serenity and to be left alone. But Devlin has changed all that.
What is your biggest fear?   Losing Control of my magic and never seeing my family again. You see, I had to do something terrible to save one of them, but afterward, I didn't know how to live with what I'd done. Now I'm learning....

Now let's turn to Devlin

Who is the real Devlin?  I guess you could say I’m bad at relationships (married to my job for too long), loyal to the core, and a damn fine cook (thanks to my mom who left this earth while I was on assignment). I believe in the American Dream and spent most of my life defending the right to that dream for my country.  Now after retiring from the Navy SEAL’s, I discovered I need a whole new set of skills to snare the woman of my dreams.
What event in your past has left the most indelible impression on you?  How fragile life is, whether it’s personal or in combat,  life can be snuffed out in a nano second.  Live your life like there is no tomorrow, because there may not be….
What do you most value? My family and my freedom.  I spent the majority of my adult life as a Navy SEAL. Fighting for the American people’s right to life, liberty and the pursuant of happiness.      
What is the type of woman you want to spend the rest of your life with? A self-confident, independent woman capable of loving without smothering.  Someone who shares my core values and enjoys the serenity of mountains. I think I found her in Summer. 
What do you consider most important in life?  Happiness.  Life is far too short.  There are no guarantees.  Don’t spend it worrying about inconsequential things. Spend it in the pursuit of happiness and a life mate to share it with.
What is your biggest secret? My mother was Italian and my father was something else, which gave me the preternatural abilities that made me a good Navy SEAL, and a decent person.


Thanks to both our guests, and now let's learn a little more about Charm Me:
 
Summer Dawn Rileys an extraordinary elemental witch whose troubled past haunts her. She’s created a calm life for herself teaching yoga and keeping people at a distance. Her life takes a one eighty degree turn when she enrolls in a womens weapons class and meets ruggedly handsome Devlin Sawyer.
Devlin, a former Navy Seal, has sworn off women after two long-term failed relationships, but there is no denying his attraction to Summer. She intrigues him like no other woman ever has. Despite her attempts to ignore him, Summer is drawn to Devlin. His magic signature is strong, but hes no warlock. Will Valentines Day magic find them a future together?
 
Here are the buy links for Charm Me.
 
http://www.amazon.com/Charm-Me-Candy-Hearts-Romance-ebook/dp/B018L2U904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455291426&sr=8-1&keywords=Charm+Me
Thank you, Tena, for bringing your characters to My Writing Corner today.  How can readers get in touch with you?
 
The Wild Rose Press: http://www.wildrosepublishing.com
Newsletter sign up: Http://www.tenastetler.com
Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/tenastetler/
Does anyone have any questions or comments for Tena or her characters?
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Cute interview for a great book. I love Summer. What a great character, Tena! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me Rebecca. Casi, thanks for stopping by, and for drawing my attention to the failure to list the link. I appreciate it. I glad you enjoyed Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I loved the interview, Summer and Devlin! And here's wishing you all the best, Tena! Another book to add to my tbr list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary for stopping by, always glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love getting to know your characters! Much success with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Fighting the Mid-Story Blahs

It happens to all fictional writers. Sooner or later we hit the wall with our current story and we suffer through that old, well-known, fear...