Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A New Mystery Springs to Life

Mystery series have always intrigued me and I'm always looking for a new character to enjoy and/or a new town or shop to visit. Today's guest in My Writing Corner is Misty Simon who writes the Ivy Morris series.  Misty says she likes to make people laugh with her work, and as a reader, I always enjoy the humor I find in her books.
Misty, Ivy and her stories have been around for a while now.  Tell us a little about Ivy and your writing career.
 

The Ivy Morris Mysteries originally started in 2005 with Poison Ivy. There were five books total ending in 2009. But then the publisher closed and Ivy was without a home. The wonderful Wild Rose Press took a chance on me by letting me re-release all of them, and then I had a great idea for one more brand new adventure to round out the set. I love my girl Ivy and will miss writing about her. But I also am on to new adventures with my new mystery series starting in November coming to you from Kensington.




But we won't have to wait that long for Misty's  next book featuring Ivy. Luckily for eager readers, Ivy is back again this month with a new adventure and a new mystery, Hoedown Showdown.  Here's the blurb:

With the Tasty Tomato Tournament just days away, the small town of Martha’s Point is all abuzz. This is the first year without a sure winner, and the competition is fierce to gain the judges’ approval, even before the tournament starts.

But when Ivy finds one of those judges dead in a shed across the street, things go from bad to worse. All she wanted was seven glorious, kid-free days of messing around with her husband. Instead, she’s going to be tracking down a killer, staying out of the way of a pickle-obsessed farmer, and dodging the new cop who seems out for her blood.



That sounds like another humorous adventure for Ivy and another winner for Misty!


Buy Links:


Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Poison-Ivy-Misty-Simon-ebook/dp/B00ILXENRO/ref=la_B001JORWHA_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1490215326&sr=1-3


Wild Rose Press: http://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/4892-hoedown-showdown.html


If you would like more information on  Misty and her books:
https://mistysimon.wordpress.com/


Thank you, Misty, for  bringing us Ivy and for being my guest today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A World Traveler's Debut

The best thing about publishing a weekly authors' blog is getting to meet so many different, talented writers and to learn about them an...