Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Visiting a Time of Knights, Ladies and Great Romance

Romances have always been among my favorite books to read and I have to admit a weakness for anything set in medieval times. What could be better than sitting by a big window on a winter's day when the snow is coming down outside and curling up with a cup of hot tea and a good book? And what would be a better book to read on just such a relaxing occasion than a tale of knights and their ladies? And that's the sort of book I'm previewing today in My Writing Corner as we look at the new work of author Mary Gillgannon.

Mary is the author of seventeen novels, including romances set in the dark age, medieval and Regency time periods. Married and with two grown children, she says she now likes to indulge her nurturing tendencies on four very spoiled cats and a moderately spoiled dog. When not writing or working, she is employed at the local public library where she's worked for twenty-five years. She says her other interests include gardening, reading and travel. 

But it's her wonderful romances that continue to grab our attention and give us plenty of enjoyment every time we pick one up. She says she loves being a romance writer because "the process of  writing changes my brain and makes me feel calm and happy. And I love writing romance because it celebrates hope and love, family and friendship, and all the things that make life truly meaningful." 

Her latest book, which is being released this week, is titled Lady of Steel and it promises to give us more hours of going back in time for some great reading that takes us to another time and another world:

One rapturous hour sparks unforgettable passion between Lady Nicola and Fawkes de Cressy. But when Fawkes returns from Crusade, he finds Nicola enmeshed in a dark web of castle intrigue. 

Surrounded by enemies, the battle-hardened knight and the aloof wary woman must rebuild the bond between them. Or a sinister plot will destroy them both. 

Here are the buy links for order Lady of Steel:



Here are the links if you would like to get in touch with Mary or learn about her other books:


Thank you, Mary, for being my guest today and for introducing us to Lady of Steel. Any questions sor comments for Mary?


2 comments:

  1. I so agree that writing changes our brain. If I'm in a bad mood (and can make myself sit down at my keyboard), my characters always make me feel better. And I love the productive feeling after a good work out with my WIP.
    Good luck on your new release!

    ReplyDelete

Fighting the Mid-Story Blahs

It happens to all fictional writers. Sooner or later we hit the wall with our current story and we suffer through that old, well-known, fear...