Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Fantasy for the Holidays!


For those of you still looking for a good book to give someone this holiday or if you just need something great to read in those quiet moments when you want to hide out and relax in a comfy chair with music in the background, we have the perfect suggestion for you. Today's guest in My Writing Corner is award-winning Celtic paranormal and fantasy romance author, Mary Morgan.
  

She tells us that her passion for books started at an early age along with an overactive imagination. Inspired by her love for history and ancient Celtic mythology, her tales are filled with powerful warriors, brave women, magic, and romance. But it wasn't until the closure of Borders Books where Mary worked that she found her true calling by writing romance. Now, the worlds she creates come to life in her stories.

If you enjoy history, tortured heroes, and a wee bit of magic, then time-travel within the pages of her books. Her latest work is Trial of a Warrior. 


"You met them in the Order of the Dragon Knights. Now, journey to the realm of the Fae and witness their legends!”

A warrior sentenced to die.

On trial for breaking a supreme Fae law, Fenian Warrior, Liam MacGregor has no regrets. He is prepared to accept his sentence—even if it means his death. However, freedom comes in an unexpected manner, and brings with it certain dangers as he travels through the Veil of Ages. 

A princess honor-bound to remain hidden.

Princess Abela might be a priestess and the daughter of royalty, but that doesn’t prevent her from doing the unimaginable. She sacrifices duty and honor to set free the man who captured her heart so many years ago. No matter the severity of his crimes, she cannot let Liam die.

A rescue that will bring about a war and divide a kingdom!   

In their quest to secure a treaty to forestall Liam’s death sentence, they must fight their desires for one another, as well as the Fenian Warriors sent to capture them.
  

Want to know more? Let's put our guest couple on the spot and ask them a few questions about their situation.

Ian, tell us a little about the predicament you find yourself in.
I am awaiting trial in the Room of Reflection. In human terms, I’m confined to a prison. Several seasons have now passed and my patience is diminishing.

What law have you broken and what are the possible consequences?
I took Aidan Kerrigan, who was banished from our kingdom many years ago, through the Veil of Ages. At the time, he believed his daughter, Aileen, was in grave danger. She had ventured through the ruins of Arbroath Abbey and stepped into the past. Aidan wished to rescue his daughter from 13th century Scotland.
The consequences of my actions? Death.

How did you meet Princess Abela?
Many centuries ago, we met in the Royal Gardens one day. I caught a glimpse of her radiant beauty as she strolled through a patch of bluebells.

What are your thoughts about her?
She captured my heart the instant our gazes locked. Regardless of my feelings, I was destined for the Brotherhood of the Fenian Warriors, and Abela was a princess of the realm. Forbidden to me.  

What do you admire about the princess?
Her unwavering strength and positive attitude. She storms into a situation with utter confidence, regardless if the odds are not in her favor.

Now let's turn things around and talk to the Princess Abela. Tell us, what is the most important thing in your life?
To remain true to my vows to the kingdom, while maintaining the love I hold within my heart for a certain Fenian Warrior.

 What are your fears for your kingdom?
That I have brought shame and dishonor to our people, especially to my parents, the king and queen. By using the powerful magic from the temple of Mother Danu to free Liam, I have broken a sacred trust.

Why would you want to help Liam?
Death should not come to this honorable warrior. I deem his actions were righteous. In truth, I love him. I will risk my own life and freedom to release him from his chains.

 Want to know more? Let's get an excerpt:
He could feel her heart beating against his skin, and the air cooled around them. Sunlight faded, and he slowly lifted his head. Unable to focus on their surroundings, he rolled over and brought her still quaking body against his chest. He tried to calm his own rapidly beating heart and closed his eyes. When he finally did open them, he glanced upward.

“Where is our sunshine?” asked Abela, her question muffled against his chest.

He stroked a hand down her back. “The sun and moon are as one.”

Abela visibly shuddered, her eyes growing wide. “No,” she whispered.

Liam wiped a finger across her worried brow. “What troubles you? It is only a solar eclipse.”

“Have you not heard the legends about a Fae witnessing the appearance of both—sun and moon—at the same time?”

“I believe it is only a tale told of—”

“Two Fae who defied the kingdom and married,” she interrupted.

“And they were banished,” he concluded, kissing her lips. “It is a story about a couple on our homeland, Taralyn. I do recall it was when the moons crossed with the sun. We are in the mortal world.”

She pursed her lips in concentration. “Yes, you are correct.” Glancing over her shoulder, she added, “Yet, can this similar occurrence be an omen?”

Liam cupped her cheek, forcing her to meet his stare. “Again, we are in the human world and not our own. This does not apply to us.” Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, he asked, “Are you truly worried? Have I brought you shame?” He held his breath, fearing her reply.

“No, no,” she whispered against his lips. “I have waited a lifetime to be with you, Liam. My heart is yours. It has always been yours. Why do you think I freed you?” She swallowed. “I love you.”

That's all we're telling you! But this sounds like a  good gift for the holiday, promising a great story! Here are the buy links:

Buy Links:





If you would like to know more about Mary or get in touch with her:

Social Media Links:



Thank you, Mary, for being my guest today! Comments or questions for Mary?

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting Liam and Abela on your lovely blog, Rebecca! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Jennifer! I hope you enjoy Liam and Abela's story. :)

      Delete
  3. I really like character interviews. Looks like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CB. I really enjoyed writing their tale...

      Delete
  4. I loved the interview. Best of luck with the release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like both the hero and heroine have difficulties to overcome! I'm sure there'll be a quite magical solution. Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Laura. In the beginning, I fought against Abela as the heroine. Yet in the end, I relented. After all, she was royalty and proved me wrong. She was perfect for Liam. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Fun interview. I like your characters. Best wishes for lots of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Kathy! They took me on an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific interview! Love tortured heroes! Yours are always dandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks for your kinds words and all your support, Barbara!

      Delete

Enjoying the Writing Ride

As a longtime reader of romance and mystery/suspense books, I  have always enjoyed reading books in a series--stories with familiar characte...