Thursday, March 14, 2019

Racing into Spring with a New Romance


Looking for new romances to read and enjoy is one of my great pleasures -- other than writing my own stories. Finding a new author to read is even better, because that means hours of enjoyable reading and great new characters to get to know and love.
Today's guest in My Writing Corner is one of those new authors I've just started to read.  Leslie Scott says she spends most days attempting to wrangle the voices in her head and often wishes she could clone herself so that their stories get told faster. She says she loves words, romance, and characters that feel like family.  She says she spends almost all of her free time with her own family; including a boisterous eleven-year-old she is homeschooling and an assorted cast of rescue pets. She tells us she is living her dream with her soul mate and best friend in the northern part of Alabama.  

Her latest book, Hot Lap, was just released this month.
Starting a new life isn't easy when the skeletons locked in her closet are the notorious town drunk for a father and a haunted past. But, Hadley Morgan isn't one to shy away from second chances or giving them either.

When a young, single father wrapped up in an octane fueled package takes particular interest in her, she begins to dream. But well-known drag racer Aiden Casey is also her boss, making her hesitate to grab at her chance at happiness.

Will her secrets shatter their chance at love or will his past come back to destroy both of them?
Want to know more?  I do! Let's get an excerpt to get to know these characters better:  
         “Wow.” The word tumbled from my lips before my body had time to register how damn good he looked.
          Aiden wore his dark hair tied at the base of his neck. His sharp cheekbones were model perfect. The dimple in his cheek when wide, sculpted lips curved in a smile, sent me into a spiral of va-va-voom.
I stood there, dumbstruck.
“I thought since I’d asked you to wear a dress, I should return the favor.” He wore a crisp white shirt, unbuttoned at the collar with the sleeves rolled up on his forearms, and clean, faded jeans with a pair of black Vans. So handsome, he took my breath away.
“I never pegged you for a skater.” I stepped out of the door, my strappy sandals clicking with each footfall.
His laugh came as easy as the fingers that wrapped around my hand. “A guy can’t give away all his secrets.”
“Really? You can skateboard?” I’d never seen him do anything other than drive.
“Yeah. Vic, too.” Pleasant surprise was becoming an old friend where Aiden was concerned. He fell with ease into the rhythm of conversation. With Aiden, things that should have been awkward—weren’t.
“We didn’t always drive. Except for maybe Jordan. Old Man always let him drive around in that old truck.”
They all referred to Jordan’s grandfather as “Old Man,” even Aiden’s sisters. Jordan had restored the old Chevy truck and made it like new again.
“You loved him.” The affection for Jordan’s grandfather written plainly on Aiden’s face.
“Jordan or his grandfather?” He lifted a shoulder. “Both, I guess. Jordan is my brother, from different parents. The Old Man was just…awesome.”
“I think it’s nice.” If I searched the recesses of my mind, I could almost grasp the familial bond. Then poof, another light in my life snuffed out far too soon. Each time I was with Aiden, I trudged up things long since buried.
Yet, being with him made me happier than I could ever remember.
“Now, close your eyes.” The rumbling timbre of his voice lulled me into doing just that.
If you would like to read on, here are the buy links:


And if you would like to know more about Leslie and her books, here is her contact information:
Youtube Playlists: http://bit.ly/2O6IDea
Thank you, Leslie, for racing into our book corner with your latest release!  Any comments or questions for Leslie?



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this blog. The content is beneficial and useful.
    write for us

    ReplyDelete

Fun with Characters

One of the first questions many people ask when they learn someone is a writer is "How did you become an author?" or "Did you...