Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New Season, New Romances


As the days turn cool, this is a great time to curl up with a good book, so we're always on the lookout for new authors and new books to read. And today we've found one as we visit with author Isla Grey.  Did you always way to be a writer?
 

I remember always writing as a little girl so I guess it’s always been in my blood.  Of course, back then I was writing little rhymes for my grandmother, so it’s definitely changed a bit over the years.
How did you get started in publishing?

I had worked on one project for a couple of years.  I was writing it while I was expecting my daughter.  So, when she came along, that got put on the backburner for a year or so.  Finally, when I had a few extra moments, I dug out the manuscript and dusted it off.  It took some editing and rejection, but I finally found a publisher who wanted it.
Tell us about your latest book and where you got the idea for it.

My latest book is Asylum Harbor.  It tells the story of Devon Brown who moves to the remote Shell Island as the new bartender of the Salty Dog.  She doesn’t want—or need—trouble but she finds plenty of it, especially in the form of the island’s harbormaster, Kerr.
The fun part is that the idea came from an actual visit to Shell Island.  No one lives there, but vacationers like to visit during low tide to grab seashells and sand dollars.

What do you like best about your heroine and hero?
For Devon, I like the fact that she’s trusting and dedicated to the people she holds close.  Kerr is headstrong, no nonsense but he’s very protective of the people closest to him.

How about a blurb?

Trouble is the last thing Devon Brown needs when she leaves the painful memories of her past behind and heads to Shell Island.  As the Salty Dog’s new bartender, she finds herself drawn to Kerr, the Shell Island harbormaster.  But finding her happily-ever-after is difficult when dealing with an obnoxious bootlegger who supplies the bar with illegal liquor and a jealous coworker.

A standoffish loner with damaged emotions, Kerr avoids relationships like the plague.  Things change when Devon catches his eye.  When a simple flirtation grows serious, the coworker and bootlegger quickly become obstacles to any future Kerr and Devon may have together.  As the situation worsens, Devon realizes that even the still waters of Asylum Harbor are no refuge during a storm.
What are you working on now?

I’m currently working on the second book in the Salty Dog Series.  There’s plenty of trouble for the people of Shell Island to get into.

That sounds great and we look forward to seeing what else happens on Shell Island. How can readers buy a copy?

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Asylum-Harbor-Salty-Dog-Book-ebook/dp/B013XZTWCK

Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asylum-Harbor-Salty-Dog-Book-ebook/dp/B013XZTWCK/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1439668954&sr=1-2

All Romance Ebooks:
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-asylumharbor-1872864-153.html

Barnes & Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1122527329?ean=2940151148269

Bookstrand:
http://www.bookstrand.com/asylum-harbor

Kobo:
https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/asylum-harbor

How can readers get in touch with you?

www.islagrey.com
Thanks, Isla, for being my guest today in My Writing Corner.  Any comments or questions for Isla? Just click on the comments link.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me stop by today. I hope everyone enjoys reading Asylum Harbor.

    ReplyDelete

Fun with Characters

One of the first questions many people ask when they learn someone is a writer is "How did you become an author?" or "Did you...